Dewey's Readathon Hour Two; Top Five Bookish Childhood Moments

Yay, it's the second hour of Dewey's Readathon. The mini-challenge for this hour is top five bookish childhood moments, so I thought I would give it a try in listing up something.


  1. Before I learned to read myself, my parents often read aloud to me. One of the books was about Knerten by Anne Cath. Vestly and I ended up doing some drawings based on the story-line. My mother sent some of the drawings to the author behind my back and we actually ended up recieving a handwritten letter from her in return. Over 20 years later, I do have the letter framed.
  2. The first time when my family was on vacation in Wales, we bought an illustrated version of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" by Victor Hugo. I had learned to read at that time, but didn't understand English that well at that time, so my father translated as he read through the book as a bedtime story for me.
  3. After I learned to read, I read a bunch of Nancy Drew books (the vintage series, not the "new" one).
  4. My best friend at primary school and I really loved The Goosebumps Series by R. L. Stine and we often discussed the various books.
  5. During puberty, The Weetzie Bat Series by Francesca Lia Block was basically a "life saver" as I was a bit of an "odd one out".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge